Sunday, October 14, 2007

what a weekend!

Friday morning I got up early and made my way up to Seattle for a brief visit.

I hung out with Sydney



I finally got to meet Anatomist's baby Jack! Here he is sporting the baby bolero I made for him. The sleeves are extra wide to accomodate the big biceps he's working on. This was also the first time he held a toy!



The impoetus for my trip was a baby shower for Ms. Khya, here she is sporting Jack on her shelf.




Khya and her baby daddy have a ghosts and monsters theme going on. So I designed a little hat.....



Here's it's close up



the shower was fun, I wrote some haikus:

Khya once lived a
life of booze and partying
that is now over

Baby bumps are hot
Celebrities say it's so
Khya's bump is best

I took off shortly after the shower and headed back to Portland. I got home and started cleaning.
Today I have been super duper productive! besides lots of cleaning, organizing, and tree trimming, Jeff and I went to Costco and got a Costco membership! We bought way too much food of course. Should last us through the winter...... A few weeks ago a co-worker gave me a little freezer. It's really the perfect size for an extra freezer, it's shorter than me and not too heavy. So I finally cleaned it up and we got it into the basement. To put our frozen Costco goods in of course. I suddenly feel very grown up. Like all the other stuff, the career, the homeowning, the PTA meetings and step parenting, none of it quite did it. It was the Costco membership and the extra freezer.

3 comments:

kungfuramone said...

The monster hat is RAD.

Anonymous said...

sounds like i am the perfect size for an extra freezer too, shorter than you and not too heavy. now put your food in me.
i love costco. and jack loves his bolero. he wore it today for chillin around the house.
it was good to see you!

Anonymous said...

i feel like such a celeb when i appear in people's blogs... thank you for spotlighting me. i'm blushing. ;)