Saturday, March 08, 2008

Night of Magic

Jeff and I attended the PTA fundraiser event of the YEAR last night, the NIGHT OF MAGIC! It was a big ol' silent auction AND a live auction. There were fancy snack foods, lots of booze, and a 16 piece string band followed by a DJ. It was a strange scene, but was a total blast! You could buy a pint glass or wine glass (with the school name and logo on 'em) for $5 and have endless beer or wine. I was misinformed and thought there was dinner, so I hadn't eaten beforehand. There was no dinner, but I made up for that in beer and horsdouevres. We bid on a few things, Jeff and some other parents conspired to win a day with the kindergarten teacher for 4 of the kids. So those kids are pretty freaking lucky, and they're excited about that. I got myself a sweet paid of adidas for $10. Afterwards we went out for drinks with some of the other parents. It was the latest I've stayed out in a long time, and today I had one of the worst hangovers I've had in AGES. I'm just so boring these days. It often strikes me as funny and odd that I spend my time going to PTA functions and such...... The right words for all of it elude me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay Cori!

I dunno, that sounds like one helluva PTA function to me! ;) I hear your feelings about feeling boring tho. At the end of the day I feel so worn ragged that all I want to do is sleep, instead of any of the other couple of fun things going on in town. Keep on keepin' on!

kungfuramone said...

I agree. That is one sweet party-tastic PTA thing. I would totally go to that, and I am kid-free.

done.made.said said...

Ain't no party like a PTA party, cause a PTA party don't stop... Ain't no party like a PTA party, cause a...

Yeah dude. Horsecock rides again!