Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Needle Roll!

I made myself a needle roll for my knitting needles. Much better than the black plastic box I had them all jumbled up in.
I found this pattern/tutorial by lupinbunny.
I made a few mistakes, and a few modifications. I'm still a little confused about what I did differently than the pattern, but somehow it seems different. Though all in all it turned out well. I added the fourth pocket with velcro closures. and I taught myself a little crochet so I could make the strap closure. I made the big white button out of sculpey. It was a pretty fun project, I haven't had a real sewing project in a long time.
A few things I would do differently if I was going to do it again: make it wider, make more wide pockets, make the two lower pockets shorter, make the velcro pockets deeper, make the fold over flap longer. Oh, and I would NOT use cheap pink chalk to mark lines with. I really had to scrub to get it to come off, and then my needle roll took FOREVER to dry!



1 comment:

hardcori said...

this is what my mom wrote about my needle roll:

That's the cutest thing ever!!!! I might take up knitting just to have one just like it... I'll have to get out my sock monkey blanket and roll up in it just to get an idea of how happy all your knitting needles are.
Love Mom