Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bees Update

The other day it got warm and the bees went crazy!  They were very busy bees.  But it was only a great big swarm for about 20 minutes, then they went back to normal.  


I had to get in the hive again on Wednesday to take out the bee box they came in and to put in more frames and feed them more sugar syrup.  This time AL was m brave photog.

Here's the smoker and the hive and the pot of sugar syrup.  The sugar syrup is 2 parts sugar to one cup water.  I think i did 6 cups of sugar this time. 


The smoker totally works!  I was truly amazed.  They run right back into the depths between the frames.


Moving the frames around.....


Buzz buzz bees


I think I found my queen.  She's a little longer than the others.  She was sort of at the end of my finger when this picture was taken, but I can't find her in the pic.  Even when I try to zoom in.


No comments: