Thursday, December 04, 2008

New glasses!

A little while back I very tragically stepped on my glasses. I loved those glasses. I bought those frames at Puttin' On the Ritz in Eugene for $8, and got the lenses put in them for $15. That was like 9 or 10 years ago! Then the other day I put them on my night table to take a nap, somehow knocked them off, and when I got up I stepped right on them. Tragedy!



Boo! Broken glasses! Tape totally does not work, I tried it.



So I had to wait until I was on Jeff's insurance, then I went and got some new glasses. I got these at Erstwhile Optical downtown. They have "vintage stock", which have never been worn. They're new old glasses.





I like the fancy little side things.



They were only supposed to take 2 weeks, and into the third week I got a call saying I could come pick them up the next day, but that was tuesday and we were leaving town that evening for Turkey day. So I went in on Saturday, and they weren't ready! I was not pleased, but to assuage my annoyance the guy gave me a free pair of glasses! So I got some more normal-ish frames. They're really comfortable.



and here's a gratuitous cute Rosie picture.

3 comments:

Beetlegirl said...

I was with you when you got those other frames...so sad to hear they broke...those were so neat.

auna-go-round said...

oh! tragedy! Wow, i totally forgot about Puttin on the Ritz, I used to go there all the time.
You look dashing in the new ones of course.

done.made.said said...

sigh... So, I know I'm a total square, but I like your "more normal" glasses the most out of the three.