Thursday, March 08, 2007

it pays to ask

I just called my credit card co. for two reasons: 1. I had a late payment last month and my dad wanted me to make sure it wasn't going to go against his credit since he is still co-signed on my card 2. my card is expiring next month and I wanted to know when I would get the new one.
So during this conversation the guy voluntarily removed the late payment charge of $40, then when he asked if he could do anything else for me I said "only if you can lower my interest rate." He lowered my interest rate from 9.9% to 1.9% for the next 12 months. What a fabulous miracle of timing! I am pretty much living off my credit card right now, so this huge reduction is a huge help and relief. Yay!
It's amazing what they'll do for you when you call and ask nicely.

No comments: