Sunday, September 17, 2006

Productivity

Yesterday was a better day, my mood was on the upswing and I was highly productive. AL and I may have a great housing situation lined up, we'll see how it works out. I dropped off a resume at the new Peet's on Hawthorne that is opening monday. I also dropped off an application and a resume at the REI, and they are having a hiring fair in october. I went to the bike store and talked to a nice girl there about ordering the bike I want, and am going back today to figure out the size. I also called my old landlord and gave him a week to give me the money he owes me or I'm filing with small claims. Oh and I did call about the crazy nephew and told the lady I did not want to get involved and did not feel comfortable talking to him. In my experience in situations like that any contact is taken as encouragement. Whew! I also went to Portland Wrestling with SS&C. It was an experience. It was in the armory, which was creepy enough. and these were some real hillbilly wrasslin' fans kinda folks. it was a strange scene, and a very long show. with no booze. we all felt kind of dumber after being there for so long.
Today Pulpshopgirl and her betrothed and I may leave on our trailer trip. destination: Yellowstone. But we'll be pleased if we just get out of town and sleep in the trailer somewhere. Our game plan is to head east on the 84, go north through grand teton and into yellowstone through the southern entrance. then we can drive through the park and exit out the north entrance and head back through montana. We've never been there before so if anyone has advice give me some. I've got to check Wal-Mart locations on our route as back up sleeping spots. though every backwater has a wal-mart so i'm not too worried.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You left out the best part when I barfed on the Wells Fargo building - I RULE! Wish I could say it was from the drink cause that'd be all tough n'shit, but sadly 'twas a lame old migrane from the wrasslin' coupled with the tantilising aroma of the Taco Bell youse guys was snackin' on in the car. Crushing skull pain + food smell = spew city! Yay!

Have a fun road trip, I am so jealous - I heart Yellowstone.