Monday, October 09, 2006

i gotta wonder

I am sitting in my bed at half past midnight wearing a headlamp for light while applying for odd jobs (temp retail research and focus group market research) and supposedly real jobs (catering barista, retail positions) on craigslist. i gotta wonder about the jobs being posted on craigslist on a sunday, late night on a sunday, and about myself for being the person who applies for jobs during the middle of the night on a sunday night now monday morning. do you think they get those emails and think "what the hell kind of person sends job emails out at midnight?" well, the kind that hasn't found her light bulbs and is typing by the light of her head lamp. i have a lamp next to my bed and i just KNOW i have light bulbs packed for it somewhere. I have a lot of things yet to be found in the unpacking. like where the hell are all my sheets? I found one set. but I can't find my flamingo sheets or my pink satin beaded dust ruffle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could always be a miner.

Anonymous said...

You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store.


-----Tennesse Ernie Ford

speaking of miners---RG