Wednesday, October 11, 2006

one long weird day

This morning I met up with a fellow who owns a pool store. pool as in billiards, not as in swimming. Then for most of the day I went pool table shopping. SECRET shopping. I drove to Troutdale, got very lost in Gresham, and hung out a lot in Clackamas. Now I know a bit about pool tables. I pretended I was going to buy one for my boyfriend for Christmas. wow. that's prety far from the truth. It was weird at first, but then it was kind of fun. and they're paying me $30 a shop. I have about 4 to do tomorrow, one in vancouver, and the rest on the west side of town. In the middle of this I also had an interview at the Clackamas Costco. For being a box girl. and a cart pusher. part time. I also saw the aftermath of a rather heinous accident where a big truck was tipped over in a 7-11 parking lot and looked like it had maybe slid into the light post. It was pretty gnarly, and all of 82nd heading north was very backed up for a long time. so in avoiding that on my way home I ended up taking a very round about way home and went to Sellwood. Sellwood is very cute, as is Troutdale. Gresham sucks a whole lot and I hope I never have to go back there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Troutdale is fucking awesome.

Anonymous said...

Nope...all of the fancy drinks have long since left the building. Of my brain.

I like Troutdale for the same reason I like Glenwood: the post-apocalyptic mystique. You get to see where civilization ended.

hardcori said...

I like Troutdale for its weird cutesy small almost ski town atmosphere. it's like a much tinier Park City. it also reminds me of a much tinier Ashland.