Thursday, October 19, 2006

myspace is weird

everybody knows that myspace is weird. recently i got a message from a friend from high school who i hadn't seen since shortly after. that was cool. then i got some messages from random dudes, one who had read my blog and wanted to tell me he'd been to yellowstone too. then another guy said i was a shining example of genetic perfection. thanks.... ok. but the cool and weird one i got recently was from The Beautiful South, who are one of my very favorite brit pop bands. it said:
Hi h.c.

I notice both you and your friend Aubrina like our band.
So just to let you know that next month we're playing in America for the first time in 6 or 7 years. I realize the shows are a long way from Portland but you never know....

Cheers
Sean

Holy Jeez, says I. Sean is the bass player. So what do they do, sit around and look up people in the states on myspace who like them? damn. weird. I wish wish wish I could go see them in SanFrancisco Nov.11.

in other news: my new job is weird, but easy. it's been pretty slow, I had one day of training and then yesterday i closed by myself. I sat around and knit and read quite a bit. They seem really disorganized which makes me really nervous. If only this job paid a more livable wage, it would be totally fabulous. I like getting paid to knit. But tips suck. I made about $3.50 in tips yesterday. and my schedule kind of sucks, I close 3 days a week so I'm there until 9:30, and then i work both sat. and sun. I like not having to get up super early, but I hate waiting around all day before going to work. But hey, I've got a job! It will pay the most important bills and I figured out when and where the food banks are. It's better than no job and all in all it's not an awful job. So I'm still looking for something more lucrative and hopefully something will come my way. keep up the black rituals, KFR.

No comments: