Sunday, February 11, 2007

dad's are funny

I told my dad that i have a new boyfriend. I have never had this type of conversation with my dad before, but I figured I should give him the heads up since we're going to go down to eugene and stay with my parents next weekend. It went something like this:

dad: "are you going to come down this weekend to see Braden's play?"
me: "no, i'm coming down the next weekend, and I'm bringing my new boyfriend to meet you guys."
dad: "oh. Is he nice?"
me: "yes, he's very nice."
dad: "Is he a druggie?"
me: "no, he's not a druggie"

4 comments:

kungfuramone said...

Apostrophe = possessive. No apostrophe= plural. Ergo, you meant "dads are funny."

I sure am glad that your new boyfriend isn't a druggie. :P

hardcori said...

thanks for the grammatical correction! of course now i can't FIX it cuz you pointed it out! ha! I'm also glad that my new boyfriend isn't a druggie. still not sure why that is the second question my dad asks after "is he nice?"

Anonymous said...

I, too, am glad your boyfriend is not a druggie. More for me! Tell you dad that I would more than happy to beat the crap out the new BF if he does, in fact, turn out to be a druggie. I owe him. Question: how does the new bf get along with the rest of your friends if he is not a druggie?

Anonymous said...

First he was the cuteboy. Now he is the boyfriend. Are pictures next?