Friday, February 16, 2007

live radio and lungs

Lats night I went with Mohas to a taping of LiveWire. It was really fun! It's kindof like the Oregon local version of Prairie Home Companion. Theres some comedy, music, and interviews. It was awesome! some of the Rollergirls were there, that was hilarious. and Tony Starlight who was really fabulous! It was a great show, i just felt bad because i couldn't stop coughing. i sucked down half a bag of halls trying to keep the coughs at bay. I had to get up at one point and go have my coughing fit in the bathroom. It was funny, (strange not ha ha) cause I was hacking in the stall and then I peed and while I was peeing and hacking I hear a little voice "are you ok?" I was like, "yeah, I'm ok." it was weird, i guess someone was concerned and followed me into the bathroom. But then when I left the stall there was noone there. It was kind of surreal. I've been coughing so much I think I pulled something in my back, it hurts real bad and its hard to put on my jacket. I got home from the show and was searching for nighttime cough syrup in my medicine cupboard when I came across a small miracle.....an old prescription of cough suppressants! YES! I thought I had some and had looked for them previously but hadn't found 'em. There are like 9 left. it was like finding gold, I did a little happy dance in the bathroom. They must be from the last time I had a real bad cough. It sucks when I get coughs 'cause they really like to stick around. I have this floating broken rib from coughing too much when I had bronchitis when I was I think about 19, and when I cough now it jumps and it really starts to hurt. I'm also paranoid about my lungs, i don't want another collapsed lung, those are really no fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I cough really hard my back starts to itch and I need to scratch it right away. I remember being a kid and having all night coughing fits while my mom scratched my back the entire time.

Portland, huh? Maybe you can sell me a house?

hardcori said...

F' yeah I would sell you a house! that would be awesome.....come on, you know you want to move to Portland!

kungfuramone said...

Aves vous the health insurance? Tu vas à the fucking doctor? N'est ce pas? Il ne faut pas more broken Coris!

Anonymous said...

i agree with chris, if what he said was go to the doctor. my grandfather coughed so hard he broke a rib, not that you did that, just saying, besides, maybe they'll give you fun drugs that relax your spasming muscles!

hardcori said...

i'm feeling better, honest. i don't have any insurance. though i wouldn't mind some drugs to relax the spasms.