Sunday, June 18, 2006

wrasslin', modelin' and sleepin'

The match was a huge success. I am quite relieved its over, but it was tons of fun. I really did not anticipate the audience reaction. At first we were cheered during our entrance, but once we were in the ring and the announcers were discussing our bios and our ridiculously expensive and pampered dog, "Sparkle", the crowd HATED us. It was fantastic. It's never felt so good to be so hated. The Beer Barians came out and were cheered like crazy. It was quite funny. Of course the crowd is going to love the Beer guzzling metal team. It just never occurred to me it would go down like that. We totally became the heels. The match started off with the Beer Barians grabbing Sparkle from Xtina, (Sparkle was actually a small stuffed dog with a great big blood packet in its head) and smashing his head in with their giant hammer. They then smeared the blood on themselves and threw Sparkle in the audience while we screamed. The grappling then ensued, we forgot a lot of our match, but we winged it pretty well. No one could tell at least. The Pop RoXXX won, I got Sveah with a schoolboy pin. Then she hit me in the back with a chair and our announcer said "Steel Chair! Very Unforgiving!" just as i requested.
I was shooting pictures all evening with my digital camera, but the memory card totally crapped out on me. I'm really bummed. I had a lot of great green room pics. I'm going to see if they can be recovered, but I don't have a lot of hope. That photo restoration software never seems to work. But I think it is the memory card, and the camera seems to be ok so that's good I guess.
This morning I was an underwear model with Khya and a bunch of other girls. We modeled underwear in a park. It was hilarious. It was for a local girls handmade lingerie company that she's starting. I'll post a link when the website is up. The whole experience was pretty funny. We were in Kerry park in Queen Anne, the park seemed to be a popular spot and we got a few onlookers. Some were ok and just seemed curious, but some were definitely creeps. My favorite though was the entire tour bus of elderly people.
I already wasn't feeling good though, and I think hanging out in my underwear in the cold wasn't the best idea. Now I'm feeling really sick. I'm also a little freaked out, because one of the Beer Barians has strep. I really hope I don't have strep. I went back to bed and slept for 5 hours this afternoon. My throat hurts like hell. I'm going to see if I can enlist someone to come over and make me soup. It's taking too much effort even to be sitting at the computer.
but even being sick, my life rules. "What'd you do in Seattle?" oh, I became a wrestler and an underwear model.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember my magic potion recipe? Two cups water with a good hunk of ginger sliced up. Boil for 5 minutes. Add a big pinch of cayenne and boil for 1 minute. Take off the heat. Add a smashed garlic clove and steep for 3 minutes. Add juice of one lemon and lots of honey. Strain and sip.

Anonymous said...

Cori: If you were going toe-to-toe with someone with strep and you feel like you have strep, you probably have strep. Don't screw around, go in and get antibiotics. It can screw up your liver, and god knows you do enough of that yourself. :P

-Chris

O said...

Take a flashlight, open your mouth, if you see white anywhere in the back of you throat it's strep. Also if you have a fever that is high not just sorta high, and don't have any other symptoms (like as if you had a cold, runny nose, congestion,etc) besides tired and sore throat it's strep. I just went through this, luckily in my case no strep. Hope you feel better.