Friday, June 30, 2006

trials and tribulations of remote collars

well, looks like I messed up. So Rosies collar part of her training collar is totally water proof, but it turns out the remote part is NOT. meaning: you can't swim with it on for 20 minutes. it stopped working when Khya and I were out swimming with Rosie. I called customer support, they said "its water proof....up to a point." ha ha....i found that point. i was under the impression it was totally water proof. i'm trying not to feel too dumb about this, but i kind of do. anyway, it is under warranty and even though it isn't techinically a warranty issue thay are going to fix it for me for free. hallelujah and praise jebus! but i had to ups it to Tucson AZ, and because of the fourth of july it won't get there until thursday. they said it would take about a week to repair it. I am apprehensive about being collar-less for 2 whole weeks. I'm going to go check out the return policies on the training collars at the pet-co......and i must devise a way to keep the remote dry when it returns to me.
also i am going to get rosie a doggie life vest. we went to the pet store before swimming yesterday to get one, but they didn't have one in her size. totally out of mediums. and I thought "well if my dog drowns today i'm going to blame you." like ha ha just kidding. then we were way out swimming around in the middle of the lake, and rosie was doing fine just swimming back and forth between khya and I. then she started to shake, like the kind of shake dogs do to shake the water off of themselves. It appeared she was trying to shake off the whole lake! But while doing so she stopped the doggie paddling that was keeping her afloat and she sank. not entirely under, but pretty damn close. her nose and face were still poking up but she just kept doing the crazy shake thing until i grabbed her. I pulled her up and started swimming in and dragged her for a minute before she started swimming again. then I swam hard into shore. all the adrenaline and swimming made me really wheezy. It was very scary.

2 comments:

r? said...

that sucks that the transmiter got swamped, but I hear awsome things about the customer service with that manufacturer. maybe leave the collar on rosie and she wont know the difference. Im so happy that she is being able to socialize with the public now. Im sure that she is a much happer dog for it...R

r? said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.