Saturday, August 12, 2006

I just got nerdier

I just talked to the VW service peeps....so far they don't know whats wrong with my car. they turned the service engine light off, but its still not running right and they've been driving it around but the engine light hasn't come back on. I asked if it could jsut be bad diesel, and he said it would have to be REALLY bad, like "raw sewage bad" for it to do this. They haven't dealt with this before and they called VW technical service, but ahven't heard back from them yet. He's supposed to call me later today. Ugh. The weird part was that he asked me if I wanted to come get it, because he knew I was wanting it. I said , "Yeah, I want it but I want it working. I can't relaly drive it to california if its not working!". What is that? "Hey, want to come pick up your car? It's not fixed but you can come get it if you want."
On the fun and ultra-nerdy side of things, Braden is teaching me how to play Dungeons and Dragons. he was trying to get some friends to come over and paly, but noone could and I said I was bored so he said "Want to play Dungeons and Dragons?". We didn't do much actual playing yet, because it took forever just to get my character all sorted with the abilities and classes and equipment and whatnot. But so far I'm a halfling druid with a riding dog animal companion. I have a longbow and a spear and hide armor and I have skills in concentration, knowledge of nature, spellcraft, and survival. Pretty sweet. I still have to come up with a name for my character, and for my riding dog animal companion. I was joking with Braden that it could just be Kore-eee and Roze-eee. Yeah........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?! How many years have I known you?!? You never thought to say "hey, I'm bored, can I play in your stupid nerdy role-playing mass of dorkiness?" All we ever WANTED was a halfling druid!

Bah, humbug.

Love,
-Chris

hardcori said...

you never ASKED. thats all it takes with me is an invitation.

Anonymous said...

All I can do now is kick myself. Oh, the druidic times we could have had...

Anonymous said...

rofl! im jealous! ive always waanted to learn dungeons and dragons but never have the patience.! <3 aubry