Friday, August 18, 2006

the saga continues

It turns out that they had to order a couple of parts for my car, an 0xygen converter and an EGR valve. they got the oxygen converter, but the EGR valve is on national backorder. my ol' pal Justin at the dealership said he put me at the top of the list in some red zone or something, but it could be a few days.....the good news is that while the draining of the tank to get the gas out was NOT covered by warranty, the new parts and work on that IS. yay! praise jebus! so in that case, the rental car is ALSO covered by warranty. So I went ahead and got a car, a lil' red rental dodge neon. I rushed back to my parents and started loading up my camping gear. I was all packed and ready to go..... but I couldn't find the damn keys ANYWHERE. it was ridiculous. my mom and i searched for about 3 hours. we took apart and unpacked everything..... about 3 or more times. This included every bag i have packed that I've been living out of for almost a month now, the closet of extra stuff I was stashing at my parents, and teh trunk of the car. It was funny having my mom searching through all my stuff. She found my condom stash in my purse, probably the other one in my travel bathroom stuff bag and i'm pretty sure she may have come across "Pharoahs Secret" (the HUGE purple 3 pronged dildo I got for my birthday, for those of you who weren't there check out 68 monkey's page for pictures)which I stashed in my knitting bag. So after about 3 hours I decided to not just re-trace my steps but re-enact my actions. the last time I remembered seeing the keys was when i used them to pop the trunk and i was on the phone with AL. I finally got my phone, called AL, and went to stare at the trunk. The keys materialized before my eyes, nestled in a little corner by the trunk rubber stuff, where the trunk lid shuts.
Barring any other huge signs from Gawd that I shouldn't drive to California, I'm leaving tomorrow morning in my lil' red rental.
for tonight I think I will stay in, I've got a Buffy DVD that was forwarded from Seattle to Aubry's house. I may have already watched them with Pulpshopgirl, but I think I'll watch them again. maybe I'll even bust out some knitting, I haven't done that in awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted just reading all of that.