Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mercer lake and more

I spent a couple of fabulous relaxed days at Mercer Lake out in Florence. the first night I got there kind of late and was totally exhausted so I just crashed out. I spent the day lounging around with my mom, grandma and aunt ann. here is my aunt ann from Scotland sitting with my grandma Chris. My mom refers to them as the grannies.



I convinced Aaron to come out that afternoon. My mom had to take the grannies back to Eugene because they had to catch a train at 5 the next morning.
I took Aaron canoeing on the lake, he'd never been in a boat before! He'd also never been fishing before, so I taught him how to cast.



we sat on the end of the dock with our feet in the water. The water was amazingly warm. as it got darker the bats came out. I've never seen so many bats, nor had them fly so close to my head!



Aaron and I spent the rest of the night drinking beer in the hot tub while having drunken existential conversation.

the next morning was Aarons birthday. But he had to leave and go back to Eugene to go to work. my mom came back out and we lounged around some more. We took Rosie to the beach and watched her chase the birds. We also stopped at the Darlingtonia Wayside. It was so cool! I can't believe I'd never seen it before. There are a whole bunch of pitcher planst growing in the boggy forests!




eventually we left the coast and I got back in town and plugged in my phone. I had totally run out of batteries and didn't get service out there anyway. But all of a sudden I had urgent messages. the guy at the dealership had called, and Robin had called about a surprise party for Aaron that was happening right away. So I kicked into gear, ran up into the attic to find an extra sleeping bag of mine. I wanted to give Aaron one for his birthday. He's never had a sleeping bag, and never been camping.
So I rushed off to the surprise party for Aaron. We grilled and played croquet. We decorated Aaron in all the decorations, then went back to Aaron and Robin's and drank beer and hung out on the stoop.
Here's decorated Aaron in the 7-11



also, they figured out what was wrong with my car. there was gas in my diesel. I should be bale to pick it up today, I'm hoping to hit the road sometime this afternoon. if not today, early tomorrow morning. I must go rescue AL from purgatory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The check's in the mail *wink*.

r? said...

pppst...Aaron is holding the fishing rod upside down.