Wednesday, January 03, 2007

back to the office life

It is very strange working in an office again. wearing office-y clothes and talking about football and going to lunch with your coworkers at the Olive Garden. I had a mini panic along the lines of "what have I done to myself?" but for the most part, so far I love it. I have a desk on which I put my awesome one-a-day stitch and bitch calendar that pulpshopgirl gave me. Today we went out to look at some houses, two that our principal broker has built and one that he is going to remodel. It was so fun. talking about houses and remodeling possibilities, it was great. I LOVE that shit. and the people in my office are really nice. I have to get over that feeling of not fitting in, and the fear that I will become assimilated too far into a lifestyle that seems to go along with this kind of business, and it's a life style that i don't want to live. but hell, I'm a chameleon, I can fit in anywhere. I'm not really capable of not being myself, though I'm ok at toning it down a little when I have to. I think I can fly my freak flag and still be a professional and I can get along with people who are not like me and not have to become like them. It's just anotehr job, really. It's all another adventure.
on an unrelated note: we just watched Xmen 3, i thought it was really sad. totally depressing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post a picture in your officey clothes. That would be swell.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new adventure! I have to say, its frighteningly comfortable in my office, it scares me a little. But sometimes I forget to be afraid and start to enjoy it.

kungfuramone said...

Xmen 3 was the worst movie ever made. Like, Godfather 3 bad.

You should remember to hide your Anal Gangsta Ho calendar poster, or just keep it at home. One doesn't want to fly one's freak flag too high...