Sunday, March 19, 2006

Project Day!



I took Rosie for a walk this lovely afternoon, we went to the Wooly Monkey knit shop that is only 10 blocks from home. Today was the last day of their big sale, but unfortunately they may be closing! She's selling the shop. Anyone want to give me a bunch of money to buy a yarn store?








Now i am spending the rest of the afternoon dyeing my couch cushion covers! ORANGE! I can only do two at a time, and they have to dye for an hour, so its taking awhile. but I sure am excited about it! They'll look nice with my bright pink couch blanket. I've been wearing gloves, but i've been agitating the fabric with my hands and the dye leaks in. i'm getting a bit of Oompa-loompa hand. I'm using Dylon, "Burnt Orange." The color on the packet is lighter, but they're looking pretty bright! I am following the directions PRETTY well, but I didn't have enough salt. I hope that that isn't going to make it less permanent or something. I'm still adding a little, but about 1/4th of what they recommend. Oh well, we'll see!


Late last night while watching some Buffy the Vampire Slayer I finally finished my plastic bag bag! It's pretty ugly, but so derelicte! I think I'll try stripes on the next one.

1 comment:

pulpshopgirl said...

ugly has nothing to do with it, it's beautifull in it's own way. what better way to finish your bag bag than while watching some good old buff buff. nice job.