Tuesday, May 02, 2006

homesick

today was my day off....I made a deal with myself that I would schedule at least one day off a week. It wasn't easy, but I managed it this week. so I slept in, and got up around 10 to let Rosie out. i opened the door to a gorgeous sunny day. So i put on a bikini, and lay out on my porch for about 4 hours. i just lounged and read and soaked up some rays. I didn't get ANYTHING actually "done" today. I had planned on laundry and cleaning and working on "stuff". but doing nothing was so fabulous. It was like my own mini sunny vacation. After the sun moved on a ways and my porch was getting too shady I decided to take rosie on a walk through carkeek park to the beach. I had been thinking about the ocean and about the Oregon coast. I miss it. So i thought I should go to the beach here, since, hell, its within walking distance! The forest in carkeek park reminded me of the forest near my parents house in Eugene, and how much I loved growing up in those woods. when we got to the water I was reminded by many signs that dogs are not allowed on beaches in seattle, subject to $500 fines. I had forgotten that, and I was so disappointed. No walking on the sand for Rosie and I. I sat on a bench and watched the windsurfers for a bit before heading back. I realized I'm quite homesick, and I miss Oregon.

4 comments:

pulpshopgirl said...

Oregon's a good place to miss. As much as I shunned hippies growing up, I find myself becoming one(in the idealistic way, not the no showering way) every day.You should be able to walk your damn dog on the damn beach, I think. Beach nazis.

Anonymous said...

You need to pop Rosie in the car and bring her over here to Magnuson Park. Beach front dog area!!

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»