Sunday, April 30, 2006

pinhole day!

Today is pinhole day! yesterday I turned this re-usable disposable camera into a pinhole camera. It works pretty well, I just took out the "lens" and replaced it with a pinhole, and I took out the plastic piece that acts as a shutter. It was pretty easy, once I figured out that I needed to keep the shutter button mechanism so that the advance wheel and exposure counter still worked.


here's some pictures I took with it yesterday:

this is the can I used to make the pinhole out of


this is my lab


this is the view out of the door at work


I used a nail to make the hole, which i think is too big, so thats probably why they're so blurry. but it also makes for shorter exposures. I took more shots today that I'll process tomorrow to post on the pinhole day website.
I'm considering taking it apart again and putting in a smaller pinhole. or maybe I'll just make another one......
also, check out the link to little box pinhole cameras that lab monkey brought to my attention. it's pretty cool!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so need to make one of those again. I made one when I was a kid. It was for school. I don't know what happened to the pictures. I do remember they were black and white and all blurry-like. Project!!

Anonymous said...

I so need to make a pinhole again. I made one as a kid for school. The pics were black & white and all blurry-like. Project!!

Anonymous said...

Huh, I didn't realize you could do that with a color camera-Hey practice tonight! yeah! smackdown!
(that sounds funny coming from someone who gets anxiety attacks when it comes to a simple roll)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»