Monday, November 27, 2006

from Oaks Park to Rose Garden

Saturday night we got together a great big group of single girls and ventured to Oaks Park in Sellwood for a night of rollerskating. It was superfantastic. I skated the best I've ever skated.....only fell down 3 times! Rollerderby, here I come! i missed tryouts this year, so I've got ayear to train. that skate rink was a pretty fascinating place. lots of highschool kids looking like that's where they hang on the weekends. and there were some super fancy dance skaters. crazy stuff! I attempted to skate backwards with AL's sis during the beginners backward skate. I faceplanted right away. But then the ref person tried to help us, and we made it a little ways, very very slowly. We smuggled in whiskey and 7up in Nalgene bottles. I don't know if they didn't notice that we were drinking it out in the open, or if they really didn't care.

Last night I went to a Blazers game. my dad got free tickets through work, and he came up with vato (who I called "the guy from Russia who lives with my parents", he thought that was pretty funny, he's not from russia but the Republic of Georgia, and he does live with my parents). My dad had extra game tickets, so Paula Deer and I went with. there was also a big fancy free buffet dinner. yum. the game was pretty fun too. we had good seats, $71 seats! It was crazy. I can't believe how much tickets are for things like that. we had $284 worth of seats. The Blazers got creamed by the Phoenix Suns. They were pretty awesome, that Steve Nash guy doesn't mess around, for a short white guy he's pretty damn good. he's short at 6'3". My dad kept saying the difference between their team and our team was that their team made the baskets. Our team missed most of the time. even the free throws. the Blazers dancers kind of suck, but they have these crazy gymnast cheerleaders that get thrown around and they were pretty cool.

No comments: