Friday, November 24, 2006

two dinners and too much fun

Pulpshopgirl and I made the voyage down to the Eug on wednesday afternoon/evening. We heard I5 was all backed up because of a wreck, so we took 99. it took us about 2 hours to get to Salem. There we got on the 5, then got off the 5 to try to find a Burger King, ended up on the 22 heading east, missed the exit for the burger king, ended up out near the correctional facility, got lost trying to get off the 22 and back on headed the other way, drove around lost in Salem until we found the 5 again, drove South until we found a burger king in Albany, stopped there to eat. (Burger Kind has delicious veggie burgers, made by morningstar. we tried a jack in the box out of desperation and they had absolutely nothing i could eat. since I don't like fries.) We barely made it to Eugene and to the Sequential biofuel station out over 30th, I was almost out of fuel. all this took us around 4 hours. we have since vowed to never intentionally stop off in Salem again.

after dropping Pulpshopgirl off I went to may parents and hung out for a bit, then went to Andieland's and got crafty. (she's got better pics up too)



R! was there as well, rockin' some awesome hat hair.



thursday morning I assisted in the preparation of the feast. I made some amazing roasted veggies on the barbecue. I ironed a giant tablecloth and napkins, and got out my grandmas wedding china. we got all fancy, it was fun.







my grandma gave my mom some amazing old pillowcases. Aubry and I each took some, these are mine. They were hand emroidered by my great grandma and the lace tatting was done by her sister.



I want to buy new pillows to go in them. because I need new pillows and it's a good excuse.

After dinner I picked up Pulpshopgirl for the return journey. traffic is much better on Thanksgiving day. we made it back in a normal 2 hours. I came home to another giant meal, as AL had a bunch of ladies over and they had been cooking and drinking all day. So i joined in their festivities and ate giant thanksgiving dinner #2. now I'm sitting down to a plate of leftovers for breakfast. even though it's technically lunch time.

No comments: