Sunday, November 05, 2006

quick trip to Eugene

I went down to Eugene yesterday morning and returned to Portland this evening. The driving sucked because the rain + freeway + totally insane drivers = SUCK. But it was a fun visit. i went down for two important events: my mom's 50th birthday! whoa-----holy crap she's almost twice my age! and conveniently enough i got to see Braden in Thoroughly Modern Millie at South Eugene High. I am so impressed with my youngest Bro. not only do his lungs collapse like mine, but he sings and dances. I can dance, but I can't sing. Let alone in CHINESE like Braden does in this play! It was amazing. the whole thing was thoroughly impressive, lots of great tap dancing and hilarity for a fabulous high school production!

before going to the play I hung out with my younger but taller sister. i was so excited when she expressed interest in learning to knit.....I couldn't just let an opportunity like that pass by. So we went to the Knit Shop and got Aubs some yarn and needles. I taught Aubry how to knit! and she now has the biggest yarnball ever too!



other highlights of the swift visit: watching Grey's Anatomy with Andie, excessive cheap-o shopping at Ross, delicious lunch at Ta-Ra Rin (affectionately known as Thai-Hop since it inhabits the former I-Hop on Oak St.) ... also hanging out with another brother Spencer at Soriahs, and last but not least:
the HORRENDOUS drive home that sucked for so many reasons: RAIN. lots of it. hydroplaning near death experience amounts. taking more than 3 hours to get from Eugen to Portland because of Footballl games. i was stuck in standing traffic for about an hour. since UO played the Huskies and that game was out around 4:30, but OSU played AZ and that got out after 5. i left Eugene after 5. damn. oh and the rain, that was sucktastic.

but here's a happy thing, an adorable picture of rosie hugging her own back legs.



as far as "other news" goes, I have enrolled in classes and am studying to get my real estate license. I have hooked up with a local agency that I am really excited about working for, and am officially embarking on a career in Real Estate. I am very excited. and scared shitless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trying to kiss Rosie through a computer screen is so unfulfilling.