Sunday, April 09, 2006

good news, and badly finished bikini top

yay! Pulpshopgirl finally posted her big news.... Looks like Luke is gonna make an honest woman out of her! So next summer two of my bestest girlfriends are getting hitched. Pulpshopgirl, and anatomist. I've never been in a wedding before, and now I'll be in two. I'll be dropping duckets on bridesmaids dresses, shower presents, wedding presents...... And, since I'm special, I get to be the maid of honor for Pulpshopgirl! Which also means I get to plan the bachelorette party.....hmmmmm, it may be a ways away still, but the gears in my head are already grinding. I'm really excited, 'cause these boys my girls managed to find are actually deserving of them. and that is saying a whole hell of a lot, coming from me in reference to these girls. The funniest part though was the way Pulpshopgirl broke the news to me, she started with "I have to tell you something, but don't be mad....." I'm not mad! Though it's definitely a trip, in the abstract sense. Wha...? you're getting MARRIED?

I got an e-mail the other day from Kungfuramone about how excited 20 year old me is right now about me wrestling.....it got me thinking, what would we have thought 5 years ago if we could have a glimpse of where we are now? would we be excited about our future lives, or horrified? disappointed?

and now for the sad part.
I've been working on this bikini top for what feels like ages, thought its really been about two weeks. But i really messed it up. trust me, it looks a lot better off than on.



the triangle parts are fine on their own, but I messed up in attaching them to the string that ties in the back. I think i could fix it, but i can't figure out how to get the crocheted attachment part to unattach........ugh. oh, the frustration! but now I know, and I think I know to modify the pattern to make it different and better. But I may just have to start the whole thing over again. And this is only half the bikini! ARGH!

4 comments:

pulpshopgirl said...

come to think of it, i don't know why i thought you'd be mad. i think i was just so nervous telling you! Silly me! The bikini top looks so good! I can't believe it's ill fitting! Do you know anyone else who crochets? Maybe they could help with the unraveling part. Or Sierra, since she's made one of those before?

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of the site where you can send yourself, or anyone, an e-mail in the future? I suppose you would have to have the same address two, five, ten years from now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»